2016 Mazda CX-9 vs 2016 Acura MDX near Sacramento, CA
Find the Perfect SUV for You at Mazda of Elk Grove!
When it comes to purchasing a new SUV, your local Mazda dealership, Mazda of Elk Grove, is the place to go! We have an impressive lineup of vehicles, but the one that we can’t stop raving about is the 2016 Mazda CX-9. To see how it holds an advantage over the competition, we’ve put together a comparison between the 2016 Mazda CX-9 vs 2016 Acura MDX near Sacramento, CA.
One of the most important features that you’re looking for in an SUV is the ability to pack up plenty of friends and cargo comfortably. While both vehicles have seating for seven, the Mazda CX-9 offers more space for your friends and all their gear before you head out for a weekend getaway to Folsom Lake. The Mazda CX-9 offers 39.4 inches of legroom for second-row passengers, which is more than the 36.6 inches offered in the MDX; in addition, those in the very back will be more comfortable in the Mazda CX-9 with 29.7 inches of legroom, compared to 27.4 inches of space in the 2016 MDX. All in all, the 2016 Mazda CX-9 offers 135.1 cubic ft. of passenger volume, which bests the 132.3 cubic ft. of space on board the Acura MDX. For when you need space to stow all of your items, the Mazda CX-9 offers you more flexibility. Fold down its second and third rows to gain access to 71.2 cubic ft. of room. By comparison, the Acura MDX is limited to 68.4 cubic ft. of maximum cargo space1.
When comparing the 2016 Mazda CX-9 vs 2016 Acura MDX near Sacramento, CA, one of the other major differences between these two vehicles is the performance you can expect from their engines. The Mazda CX-9 comes standard with a 2.5L SKYACTIV®-G2 4-cylinder engine, and it offers 227 horsepower to go with 310 lb.-ft. of torque. While the Acura MDX boasts a 3.5L V6 powerhouse that puts out 290 horsepower, it can’t match the same level of torque, as you’ll have just 267 lb.-ft. at your disposal. The Mazda CX-9 also outperforms the competition with its fuel economy. The 2016 Mazda CX-9 gives you a best-in-class3 22/28 MPG city/hwy4, so you won’t have to constantly worry about finding the nearest gas station. The Acura MDX’s fuel efficiency falls short, as it offers only 19/27 MPG city/hwy5.
The comparison between the 2016 Mazda CX-9 vs 2016 Acura MDX near Sacramento, CA, is over, but we at Mazda of Elk Grove hope you learned a thing or two about the incredible Mazda CX-9. We have it, along with an expansive inventory of other Mazdas, for you to peruse and test drive, so don’t wait any longer! We are open all seven days a week, so it’s always a good time to stop by and visit us!
1. Based on SAEJ1100 cargo volume measurement standard.
2. SKYACTIV is a registered trademark of Mazda Motor Corporation.
3. Based on comparison of 2016 model year non-hybrid, FWD/AWD, 3-row mid-size crossover SUVs. Source: Model Year 2016 Fuel Economy Guide dated February 24, 2016 (www.fueleconomy.gov).
4. Based on EPA estimates for 2016 Mazda CX-9 FWD 22 city/28 highway/25 combined MPG. Signature model with standard AWD shown, 21 city/27 highway/23 combined MPG. Actual results will vary.
5. Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary, depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery pack age/condition (hybrid models only) and other factors.