2016 Mazda CX-9 vs 2016 Honda Pilot near Sacramento, CA
Drive Home in a New Mazda CX-9 Today!
When you’re looking for a new SUV that gives you a little bit of everything, look no further than the 2016 Mazda CX-9. It has a stunning exterior appearance, and backs it up with performance and technology features that make every drive more enjoyable. To see how it stacks up against its peers, your friends at Mazda of Elk Grove have put together a comparison between the 2016 Mazda CX-9 vs 2016 Honda Pilot near Sacramento, CA.
Under the hood, the 2016 Mazda CX-9 offers a 2.5L 4-cylinder SKYACTIV®-G1 engine. It delivers a stout 227 horsepower and 310 lb.-ft. of torque to give you more than enough power when you need it. The Honda Pilot’s 3.5L V6 engine gives you similar numbers by providing 280 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque. Where the difference lies between these two powertrains is in fuel economy. The Honda Pilot earns 18/26 MPG city/hwy2, but those numbers can’t match up with the Mazda CX-9. It records a best-in-class3 22/28 MPG city/hwy4 to save you money at the pump.
To make sure that the little ones can stay entertained and comfortable on those long road trips, let’s compare the entertainment features on the 2016 Mazda CX-9 vs 2016 Honda Pilot near Sacramento, CA. The Mazda CX-9 has its MAZDA CONNECT™5 infotainment system to give you all of what you’re looking for out on the road. It has an available 8-inch touchscreen display and you’ll have access to Pandora® Internet Radio, Aha™ Internet Radio, and HD Radio™ as standard, so you’ll have never be lacking for available stations. If you’re in the Honda Pilot, you won’t have access to any of those stations on your base trim level, which only offers a 5-inch LCD screen.
To keep you comfortable, the 2016 Mazda CX-9 provides standard three-zone automatic climate control to give the driver, front passenger, and rear passengers separate temperature controls. The Pilot’s base model doesn’t offer that feature, which means you’ll have shell out extra cash to upgrade your trim level to catch up to the Mazda CX-9. For even more comfort for you and your passengers, the Mazda CX-9 offers more legroom in the first and second rows than the Pilot.
Even with all of the advantages outlined in the comparison between the 2016 Mazda CX-9 vs 2016 Honda Pilot near Sacramento, CA, the Mazda CX-9 has even more to offer in person. Schedule a test drive at Mazda of Elk Grove by going on our website, or by giving us a call at 877-977-5310. Our automotive center is located at 8588 Laguna Grove Drive in Elk Grove, CA.
1. SKYACTIV is a registered trademark of Mazda Motor Corporation.
2. 19 city/27 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD 6AT models. 18 city/26 highway/21 combined mpg rating for AWD 6AT models. 20 city/27 highway/23 combined mpg rating for 2WD 9AT models. 19 city/26 highway/22 combined mpg rating for AWD 9AT models. Based on 2016 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
3. Based on comparison of 2016 model year non-hybrid, FWD/AWD, 3-row mid-size crossover SUVs. Source: Model Year 2016 Fuel Economy Guide dated February 24, 2016 (www.fueleconomy.gov).
4. Based on EPA estimates for 2016 Mazda CX-9 FWD 22 city/28 highway/25 combined MPG. Signature model with standard AWD shown, 21 city/27 highway/23 combined MPG. Actual results will vary.
5. Don’t drive while distracted. Even with voice commands, only use MAZDA CONNECT™/ other devices when safe. Some features may be locked out while the vehicle is in motion. Not all features are compatible with all phones. Message and data rates may apply.